Community Engagement Manager
This is a new role within the organisation and a key post to develop and drive community engagement activities on a national level. It will involve building relationships with CCG’s and corporate organisations to secure funding and promote the suite of resources the charity is able to offer. The post holder will work across all departments within Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation, in particular working closely with Community engagement, and Marketing and CCG’S.
Title: Community Engagement Manager
Responsible To: Director of Marketing
Hours: 35 hours per week
Location: Head Office/Homeworking
- To promote the organisation at a national level and act as a key figure and contact for community engagement activities
- To develop a strategy for the expansion of community engagement activities throughout the UK, concentrating on England in the first instance and expanding to Scotland, Wales and Ireland.
- To implement and monitor the effectiveness of the strategy
- To develop links with CCG’s involved with the introduction of lung health screening checks.
- Research what resources CCG’s already have/require and what level of community engagement they are seeking.
- Working with the Corporate team to identify opportunities to develop relationships with corporate organisations to secure funding and support for community engagement projects.
- Develop relationships to network effectively with other agencies and companies.
- Manage a designated budget for community engagement activity.
- Co-ordinate and manage the preparation for planned engagement activities.
- To share knowledge/contacts across departments to maximise opportunities for the charity.
Key Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to develop, implement and drive a strategy
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent networking skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent IT skills with the ability to use Microsoft Office and Raiser’s Edge CRM database
- Proven skills in team working, able to work co-operatively and effectively
- Skills in monitoring and recording engagement activity
- Ability to plan and manage a complex work load
- Ability to manage a budget and maintain accurate records of expenditure
- Ability to evaluate and document activity.
Key Technical Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of lung cancer environment
- Experience of working across professional groups
- Knowledge of setting up and running client facing events
- Understanding of NHS structures in the UK and issues affecting cancer services
For more information and to apply for this role, please email HR Manager, Rita Burke | email@example.com