Corporate Account Executive
Title: Corporate Account Executive
Responsible to: Head of Corporate Partnerships
Salary: £25,000 pa
Hours: Full Time
Base: Flexible/ Hybrid working / Home working & Liverpool Office
To apply, please send CV and covering letter to HR Manager, Rita Burke: email@example.com
This role forms part of the charity’s growth programme to grow income from the private sector significantly, specifically to secure income to assist the early detection of lung cancer through major and ground-breaking programmes.
Sitting within the Corporate Partnership Team, this post will focus on securing new high-level corporate partnerships across the full spectrum of corporate fundraising disciplines (employee fundraising, sponsorship, cause related marketing, volunteering etc.). As a principal contact for corporate fundraising, you will represent and promote the work, vision and purpose of the Foundation to a wide audience and manage a portfolio of corporate and high net worth supporters.
Potentially working away from Head Office and around the country to proactively manage projects and income to achieve annual targeted budget.
Position in Organisation
- Reports to Head of Corporate Partnerships
- Liaises at all levels inside the organisation
- Relates to volunteers, individuals, groups and businesses
- Acting as the charity’s representative to corporate supporters across the country
- Work with your line manager to write, monitor and deliver a corporate new business strategy, reviewing quarterly and amending as appropriate
- Generate and manage a strong prospect pipeline: identifying, developing and securing multi-year high-value partnerships with great long-term potential
- Respond effectively to all new-business queries and thank corporate donors where necessary
- Develop high-level and creative pitches and proposals
- Record all activity on Raiser’s Edge and complete monthly reports
- Meet monthly KPIs regarding identifying and approaching companies and making financial asks
- Work to agreed income and expenditure budgets, helping to prepare budgets and quarterly reforecasts and carefully tracking finances on an on-going basis
- Ensure a smooth handover of all new clients to the fundraising team
- Help secure corporate involvement in charity initiatives, such as sponsorship, payroll giving and events, working closely with other teams where necessary
- Help to maximise the networks and experience of a Corporate Partnerships Board, and other project-specific boards and committees where appropriate, in order to achieve Corporate Development targets
- Keep up-to-date with current corporate issues, sector research and corporate-responsibility trends
- Work outside regular office hours when required
- A track record of successful income generation with corporate partners and/or high net worth individuals.
- Experience in partnership fundraising or relationship building
- Experience in budgeting and planning
- Proven track record of exceeding financial and non-financial targets
- Previous employment which included lone working and/or area management
- You may have experience of the following: Business Development, Corporate Social Responsibility, Health & well-being coordinator, Corporate Accounts Officer, Sales Support Executive, Internal Account Manager, Office Administrator, Account Administrator. Not for profit and charity experience preferred but not essential.
Person Specification & qualities
This role will give you a chance to really make a difference to people living with lung cancer.
- Positive and proactive approach with the desire to ‘seize the moment’ the ability to think ‘innovatively’ and outside the box.
- A motivated self-starter with a desire to succeed & make a difference
- Consistently professional and thorough, with a considered approach, demonstrating outstanding customer service.
- A confident individual who can speak and present to a diverse audience, both virtually and face to face
- Enterprising attitude and the drive to develop and implement new ideas and systems
- Able to demonstrate high levels of self-motivation and excellent time management
- Take ownership of workload and continually evaluate working practices for areas of improvement
- A flexible team player, supporting colleagues to meet deadlines and who knows when to ask for help themselves.
- Comfortable working remotely as part of a national team
- Able to show empathy for people or families living with lung cancer or bereaved
- Excellent skills in relationship building
- Share accrued knowledge when relevant in the teams and across the wider charity, making valued and insightful contributions to team meetings
Education / qualifications / knowledge
- Numerate and literate and educated to degree level preferred but not essential.
- Knowledge of e good donor management principles
- Familiarity with MS Office and Raisers Edge databasepreferred
- Awareness of data protection regulation
- Knowledge of Institute of Fundraising codes of practice
- Comprehensive understanding of innovations and trends within the Fundraising sector
Experience Skills and Abilities
- Proven experience of generating new business, from prospect identification to securing new deals
- Proven track record in achieving financial and non-financial targets
- Experience of creative and successful written proposals/pitches
- Ability to react quickly and flexibly in order to adapt, to change or capitalise on new opportunities
- Exceptional creativity, proactivity and commercial acumen, and demonstrable experience of this
- Proven experience of communicating with senior stakeholders and evidence of building and developing relationships with prospects
- Proven experience in pitching to industry stakeholders to secure new business
- Degree or equivalent education or relevant work experience
- Negotiating and influencing skills
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work remotely under minimal supervision
A confident, persuasive approach able to make significant financial asks
- Driving licence
- Able to work evenings and weekends as required
- Prepared to travel as required