Deputy Retail Manager
Title: Deputy Retail Manger (Cheadle Shop, SK8 1AE)
Responsible to: Head of Retail
Hours: Three days per week (21 hours)
Salary: £9.53 per hour
Your general duties will be to assist the Head of Retail in the management of a professional charity shop in accordance with Roy Castle Retail, and to assume day-to-day responsibility for the running of the shop; to promote high standards of service to customers and donors, to achieve sales targets as required.
Duties and key responsibilities
Administration and Finance
- To ensure till procedures are followed and all cash handling is in accordance with Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation policy.
- To ensure cashing-up and banking procedures are followed and proper records are kept and submitted.
- To manage and lead all volunteers in achieving the objectives of the shop. To ensure there are good working relations with voluntary staff.
- To maintain a rota to ensure that the shop is fully staffed and supply the Head of Retail with regularly updated rotas.
- To liaise with the Head of Retail on staffing levels at all times.
- To ensure that the best practice is adhered to when recruiting volunteers and to maximise advertising and recruitment opportunities.
- To conduct regular structured training sessions for all staff to include customer service, sorting and pricing, till procedures and cash handling.
- To identify individual development needs
- To develop each individual’s full potential through training and coaching
- To ensure that a high level of customer care is maintained on the shop floor with all volunteers trained, aware and motivated to provide an excellent service in all aspects to customers and donors.
Stock and stock control
- To ensure that the quality of donated stock put out for sale is of the standard required.
- To ensure that the pricing and ticketing policy is adhered to.
- To ensure that coding and culling procedures are followed.
Bought in goods
- To ensure stock is checked, placed on sale and displayed prominently with point of sale materials
- To ensure the correct procedures are followed for recording sales and stock control.
Display and merchandising
- To maintain a high standard of window and internal display and presentation of stock.
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness in all areas of the shop.
- To ensure that special window and other merchandising instructions are complied with.
- Comply with Health and Safety legislation in accordance with Foundation policy.
- To ensure the notice board, message book and display posters are up to date and in a suitable condition.
- To take responsibility for organising celebrations to mark birthday, Christmas and achievements.
Education / qualifications / knowledge
- A good standard of numeracy and literacy
- Knowledge of the principles of good customer care
- Work effectively with others towards common goals and targets
- Significant customer service experience working within a retail environment
- Experience of Charity shop retailing
- Experience of working with volunteers
Skills and Abilities
- Able to work on own initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people
- Ability to recognise stock potential to generate income
- Knowledge of product pricing
- Good administrative and organisational skills
- Ability to handle money, keep records and organise work
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to motivate others
- Self starter, motivated and positive
- Target driven
- Trustworthy and honest
To apply for this job, please email HR Manager Rita Burke on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Tuesday 17th May 2022.