Events Fundraising Assistant
Join our fundraising team and help boost our activities and help deliver high quality events that raise funds and recruit donors to the organisation.
The chosen candidate will join a dynamic, fast paced team as they support our Events Fundraising Manager in building upon the Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation brand whilst helping achieve the annual target budget that supports all those affected by lung cancer.
Title: Events Fundraising Assistant
Responsible to: Events Fundraising Manager
Salary: £16,850- £19,000
Hours: Full Time
Location: Liverpool (office based role)
- Assisting the fundraising team to achieve annual events income target and additional key performance indicators
- Based in Head Office Liverpool but working on projects across a wide geographical area
- Working within a fast moving environment with changing priorities and able to work on several projects at any one time.
- Working as a motivated, positive and effective member of the fundraising team
- Assisting in the events fundraising team activities across the UK
- Conduct research, make site visits and find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities
- To research potential venues, suppliers, sponsors and participants
- To assist in arranging meetings, build relationships and sell event concepts and involvement opportunities to prospective individuals and companies
- Proposing new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process is a key aspect of this role. Assist with managing on site production and clean-up for events as necessary
- Offer excellent donor care and customer service to volunteers, groups and associations, beneficiary events and individuals
- Dealing with supporter and supplier enquiries and providing excellent customer service and administration
- Ensuring Raiser’s Edge is maintained with accurate and up to date information on all relevant supporters
- Organisation and management of fundraising equipment and resources
- Assisting with nationwide event initiatives
- Events support and assistance and attendance at all times, including out of hours work.
- Adhere to the highest standards of fundraising best practice as set out in the Institute of Fundraising’s Codes of Practice and ensure that all activities comply fully with the relevant Data Protection obligations and any other legislation.
- To assist in other areas across the team as and when needed undertaking duties as required by the line manager commensurate with the post
To apply: submit an application form and covering letter outlining your experience and interest to Rita Burke, Human Resources Manager – Rita.Burke@roycastle.org.