Events Fundraising Officer
Title: Events Fundraising Officer
Responsible to: Head of Events
Salary: £22,000 – £25,000 pa (dependent on experience)
Hours: Full time
Location: Hybrid working
The chosen candidate will hold a key post in our events team to help research, plan and deliver high quality mass participation fundraising events. The candidate will aid in making sure our events are at an exceptionally high standard, they are in line with health and safety regulations while maximising on the opportunity to raise funds and cultivate long-term relationships.
Alongside this, the candidate will lead in managing and executing the events programme with the support of the Events Fundraising Assistant. The management of events will be split with the Events Fundraising Officer leading on 5 – 7 events and be responsible for marketing, recruitment, event planning and delivery ensuring all events are evaluated and improved going forward.
- Planning and budgeting the Events programme, including monitoring the income and expenditure budgets on a monthly basis, making contingencies and plans for variations against target.
- Deliver a high-quality events programme, including researching venues, suppliers and services, logistic management such as the compilation of running orders, briefing documents etc. and lead the run up, set up and break down of events
- Produce and implement detailed and specific risk assessments for each event
- Recruit participants to the Events programme through effective marketing analysis and implement actions, promoting events and ordering promotional materials
- Secure additional events items including, but not limited to, raffle prizes, auction prizes, goody bag items
- Liaising with external companies and suppliers to maximise efficiency in expenditure as well as income.
- Managing deadlines for registration and informing participants of important registration details such as sponsorship deadlines and details of their event
- Deliver a high standard of customer care through corresponding with before, during and after each event including sending thank you acknowledgements within 48 hours of the events.
- Maintaining and updating the event webpages including ensuring each page has the correct date and payment options throughout the year and that the copy and images are checked and edited regularly
- Ensuring a thorough process to retain supporters and cultivating them to participate in different charity activities and giving options
- Ensure effective database management through effective donor management by keeping records up to date as well as events dashboards, figures, gifts and actions
- Updating relevant social media pages and answering any queries that are sent through the online sites
- Delegating to and managing the Events Fundraising Assistant
- Demonstrate work flexibility – most events take place during the weekend; toil will be given. You will be expected to support events that are not in your remit to support your colleagues.
- Adhere to the highest standards of fundraising best practice as set out in the Institute of Fundraising’s Codes of Practice and ensure that all activities comply fully with the relevant health & safety regulations and any other legislation.
- Any other duty as required by the line manager commensurate with the post
Education / qualifications / knowledge
- Educated to degree level or equivalent standard or have significant event management experience
- Knowledge of trends within fundraising across the charity sector
- Knowledge of data protection and gambling legislation
- Knowledge of gift aid
- Experience of event management, including fundraising from the public
- Experience of managing suppliers and corporate partners
- Experience of customer care
- Experience of engaging with fundraising audiences across a range of channels
- Experience of project management
- Experience of managing online giving sites
- Experience writing and editing digital content across web, email and social media
Skills and Abilities
- An imaginative, creative, solution-based thinker
- The ability to spot emerging trends and capitalise on them
- The ability to influence at all levels
- Ability to work well across teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of website accessibility and usability principles
- Highly organised with ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to multi-task in a busy fundraising environment
- Interest and awareness in developing fundraising methods
- A flexible communication style, in order to find the right tone to engage with our supporters, prospects and key stakeholders
- Able to analyse information and make objective decisions based on the outcomes
- Highly motivated and ability to take a proactive approach to problem solving
- Able to demonstrate high levels of self-motivation and excellent time management
- Driven to succeed and innovative
- Performance and target driven
- Able to work on own initiative
- Able to show empathy for people or families living with lung cancer or bereaved
- 30 days holiday each year, plus bank holidays
- Early finish on Fridays
- Pension Scheme
- Travel Loan Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounts Portal
- Based in Head Office in Liverpool (city centre location)
To apply: For the full application pack, please email our Human Resource Manager Rita Burke at Rita.Burke@roycastle.org.