Mobile Retail Manager
Make a difference in your community by joining our retail team. We’re looking for a part-time Mobile Retail Manager to provide cover for our shop team during holidays and sickness across our North West stores. In this role, you will need to have your own transport with travel expected.
Your general duties will be to assist the Head of Retail in the management of our professional charity shops and to assume responsibility for the running of a shop when a Manager is absent; promoting high standards of service to customers and donors, to achieve sales targets as required.
Position in the organisation
- Report to Head of Retail
- Liaise with retail team
- External facing to public supporters
Scope of Job
- Provide cover in our North West charity shops
- Manage finances when in charge of a store
- Manage volunteers
- Provide excellent customer care
- Manage stock
Duties and Key Responsibilities
Administration and Finance
- To ensure till procedures are followed and all cash handling is in accordance with Roy Castle Foundation policy.
- To ensure cashing-up and banking procedures are followed and proper records are kept and submitted.
- To manage and lead all volunteers in achieving the objectives of the shop. To ensure there are good working relations with voluntary staff.
- To liaise with the Head of Retail on staffing levels at all times.
- To ensure that the best practice is adhered to when recruiting volunteers and to maximise advertising and recruitment opportunities.
- To identify individual development needs
- To develop each individual’s full potential through training and coaching
- To ensure that a high level of customer care is maintained on the shop floor with all volunteers trained, aware and motivated to provide an excellent service in all aspects to customers and donors.
Stock and Stock Control
- To ensure that the quality of donated stock put out for sale is of the standard required.
- To ensure that the pricing and ticketing policy is adhered to.
- To ensure that coding and culling procedures are followed.
Bought in Goods
- To ensure stock is checked, placed on sale and displayed prominently with point of sale materials
- To ensure the correct procedures are followed for recording sales and stock control.
Display and merchandising
- To maintain a high standard of window and internal display and presentation of stock.
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness in all areas of the shop.
- To ensure that special window and other merchandising instructions are complied with.
- Comply with Health and Safety legislation in accordance with Foundation policy.
- To ensure the notice board, message book and display posters are up to date and in a suitable condition.
Education / qualifications / knowledge
- A good standard of numeracy and literacy
- Knowledge of the principles of good customer care
- Work effectively with others towards common goals and targets
- Significant customer service experience working within a retail environment
- Experience of Charity shop retailing
- Experience of working with volunteers
Skills and Abilities
- Able to work on own initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people
- Ability to recognise stock potential to generate income
- Knowledge of product pricing
- Good administrative and organisational skills
- Ability to handle money, keep records and organise work
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to motivate others
- Self starter, motivated and positive
- Target driven
- Trustworthy and honest
To apply for this job, please email HR Manager Rita Burke on firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the below reference.
Reference ID: Retail Mobile Manager 2021
Job Type: Part-time (3 days per week)
Salary: £11.13 per hour