Retail Manager (Chester)
Join the Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation Retail Team and be responsible for the day-to-day running of our charity shop in Chester (Saltney). There you will promote high standards of service to customers and donors, and achieve sales targets as required.
Title: Retail Manager
Responsible To: Head of Retail
Salary: £10.70 per hour
Hours: 22.5 hrs per week (3 days job-share)
Location: Unit 1a, River Lane, Saltney, Chester, CH4 8RJ
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
Administration and Finance
- To ensure till procedures are followed and all cash handling is in accordance with Roy Castle Foundation policy.
- To ensure cashing-up and banking procedures are followed, and proper records are kept and submitted.
- To manage and lead all volunteers in achieving the objectives of the shop. To ensure there are good working relations with voluntary staff.
- To maintain a rota to ensure that the shop is fully staffed and supply the Head of Retail with regularly updated rotas.
- To liaise with the Head of Retail on staffing levels at all times.
- To ensure that the best practice is adhered to when recruiting volunteers and to maximise advertising and recruitment opportunities.
- To conduct regular structured training sessions for all staff to include customer service, sorting and pricing, till procedures and cash handling.
- To identify individual development needs
- To develop each individual’s full potential through training and coaching
- To ensure that a high level of customer care is maintained on the shop floor with all volunteers trained, aware and motivated to provide an excellent service in all aspects to customers and donors.
Stock and Stock Control
- To ensure that the quality of donated stock put out for sale is of the standard required.
- To ensure that the pricing and ticketing policy is adhered to.
- To ensure that coding and culling procedures are followed.
Bought in Goods
- To ensure stock is checked, placed on sale and displayed prominently with point-of-sale materials
- To ensure the correct procedures are followed for recording sales and stock control.
Display and Merchandising
- To maintain a high standard of window and internal display and presentation of stock.
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness in all areas of the shop.
- To ensure that special window and other merchandising instructions are complied with.
- Comply with Health and Safety legislation in accordance with Foundation policy.
- To ensure the message book and display posters are up to date and in a suitable condition.
To apply for this job, please email HR Manager Rita Burke on firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV.