The renowned summertime run is back with another scenic route, unbeatable crowd support and a feel-good atmosphere. The Barry Island 10k is a firm favourite among runners all over the UK bringing sun, sea, sand and entertainment to all those who attend.
After the race, everyone will be treated to the perfect afterparty with live music, entertainment, stand and tasty street food. Post-run you can enjoy relaxing on a deck chair or an optional (but very much encouraged) dip in the sea on Barry Islands sandy blue flag beach.
The 10K race takes place on fully closed roads with a rewarding route showcasing all of the town’s most scenic seaside spots and recognisable landmarks – including Whitmore Bay, the Knap, Romilly Park and Watch House Bay.
Perks of being one of our Roy’s Runners
- Your own personalised Roy’s Runners technical vest
- Support and training advice to help you prepare for race day
- Our Sporting Events Team will be there every step of the way to ensure you have the best running experience. We’ll have you fundraising tips, suggestions, and regular calls to help you reach your fundraising target.
- Roys Runner medal for all those who fundraise for Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation.
- Complimentary cheer packs available for family, friends or colleagues supporting you on race day.
To register for this event, please complete the form below and a member of our Sporting Events Team will be in touch with more information. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Got your own place?
If you’re lucky enough to secure your own place and would like to run for Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation, we would love to have you on board! For more information, please contact email@example.com and a member of the fundraising team will be in touch.