All places for the 2024 London Marathon have now been filled and successful applicants have been notified via email. If you would still like to apply, you’ll be placed on a waiting list in case a space becomes available. For any enquiries please email email@example.com.
The London Marathon needs no introduction. As the most iconic marathon in the world, it attracts runners of all abilities who love the course around London’s most famous streets, as well as the incredible atmosphere.
The London Marathon is our biggest fundraiser of the year. Each charity runner is expected to raise £2,200 for the charity and run 26.2 miles, which is no easy task! This is months of fundraising, organising events, bag packs, raffles and bake sales. Months of running in the dark, rain, snow and mud.
The support from the crowds was amazing, and even got to see the Roy Castle cheerers twice as they were on Mile 22, so they were screaming my name as I passed on the other side of the road around Mile 13 and 22!! It certainly kept me going!London Marathon runner, Debz
Apply for a London Marathon charity place
To apply for one of our charity places, please read the application pack and fundraising agreement before completing the application form. Please make sure you read both documents carefully as these will give you further information about key dates and what we will be looking for in your application form.
Perks of being a Roy’s Runner
- Your own personalised Roy’s Runners technical vest
- Branded running buff
- Access to our “I am a Roy’s Runner” Facebook group
- Access to our Roy’s Runner London Marathon WhatsApp group
- Support and training advice to help you prepare for race day
- Roy’s Roarers cheering point for you and your supporters on race day
Our sporting events team will be there every step of the way with fundraising tips, suggestions, and regular calls to help you reach your fundraising target and have the best running experience.
To register your interest, fill in our application form below. Please remember to include as much information as you possibly can when filling out your application.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Already secured your own place in the 2024 London Marathon ballot?
We would love to have you join our Roy’s Runners team!
You will enjoy all of the same perks as our charity place runners. As you have secured your own place, you can choose your own fundraising goal. Email email@example.com, and let us know that you would like to support us with your ballot place.
Why run the London Marathon for Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation?
- We are the leading lung cancer charity in the UK dedicated to helping everyone affected by lung cancer.
- Lung cancer is a disease that, despite what many may think, can affect anyone.
- It is the UK’s biggest cancer killer, with over 36,000 dying from lung cancer every year. It kills more people than breast, prostate and pancreatic cancer combined, and more women than breast and ovarian cancer combined.
- It is our mission to ensure everyone diagnosed with lung cancer can live well with the disease for as long as possible.