Would you like to take on a new challenge?
Test your endurance or, is there a special cycling route you’d like to take on?
Whether you’re a seasoned cyclist or just starting out – why not create your very own cycling challenge with us and raise vital funds to support people who are affected by lung cancer.
Best of all, you can decide on every aspect of your cycle – this is your challenge!
Choose your own distance and location: be that at home on a stationary bike, within your local community or, you could travel to a different location to do your cycle.
The beauty of this challenge is that you are in control. Complete your chosen distance in your own time – be sure to keep us up to date with your progress.
Simply register your challenge below. If you would like to purchase a Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation cycling jersey to wear for your challenge for just £25, you can do this as you register!
It has its benefits
Cycling is a fantastic form of exercise that the whole family can enjoy, no matter your fitness level! Your lung capacity (the amount of oxygen your lungs take in) improves each time you cycle. Moreover, as well as your legs and lungs working hard on each cycle; your abs, diaphragm and respiratory muscles are working just as hard too. And remember, with each cycle you do, it will become easier!
Air pollution causes approximately 8% of all lung cancer cases every year. Air pollutants can also cause other diseases such as heart disease and emphysema. By cycling to the shops or to work instead of using the car, you will be helping reduce air pollution with every push of your pedals.
Every mile you cycle and every pound you raise will make a massive difference to the lives of people affected by lung cancer.
Andy’s Cycling Challenge
After surgery to remove a lobe of his lung, Andy – who is living with lung cancer – was determined to get back out on his bike.
About six weeks after getting out of hospital, I tried going out on my bike again. I was pretty wobbly at first, but I was determined to do it. I continued to build up my distances and then set myself a personal challenge of cycling 300 miles in a month – more than I’d done even before my diagnosis – and I did that just six months after having a lobectomy.
Create your own amazing cycling challenge today and help raise funds to support people like Andy who are living with lung cancer.
How to get started:
- Choose your location and plan your ride.
- Fill in our online form below to let us know the distance you would like to do and how best we can support you.
- If you choose to, you can purchase a Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation cycling jersey for just £25
- Set up your fundraising page via Just Giving or your chosen fundraising website.
- Tell your family and friends to encourage everyone to get involved with your fundraising. They may also want to join in with the cycling challenge too!
- Begin your challenge!
- Keep us up to date with your progress, remember to update your fundraising page too!
- Utilise apps such as Strava to track your distance. If you’re on a stationary bike, take photographs of your distances completed!
Once you register, you will receive:
- A fundraising pack full of useful fundraising advice and information about us.
- Your own cycling jersey (If you’ve chosen to purchase one)
- Training advice if needed
- Any fundraising materials you may need
- Sponsorship forms
- Support from our team
Register by filling out the form below and one of our sporting events team will be in touch with you.
For more information, please contact email@example.com