Celebrations and special occasions
Are you planning to celebrate your wedding, civil partnership, birthday, anniversary or another important milestone? Why not make your day extra special and fundraise for us.
We’ll be there every step of the way to help with all your fundraising needs, all you have to do is get celebrating!
Need some inspiration?
It’s really easy to include fundraising into your celebrations. Here are a few tips to theme into your special occasion.
- Don’t forget to share your reasons for supporting Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation, this can really inspire your guests to donate.
- Organise an online collection with a Just Giving page.
- Celebrating your wedding day? Use our beautifully designed wedding favours, featuring a white ribbon pin and placement card.
- Entertain your guests with a sponsored quiz.
- You could ask for a donation to guess the weight of your special celebration cake.
- Or simply just request for donations instead of gifts.
However you choose to support us, there’s nothing more selfless than using your celebration to raise vital funds in support of everyone affected by lung cancer.
Cassy’s fundraising story
“In December 2020 my Dad closed his eyes for the final time, his body decided it needed a much deserved rest after a 10 year battle with lung cancer.
My fiancé, Mike asked for my dad’s permission to marry me in March 2020. He said yes and was a big part of the wedding plans from the beginning. Dad saw the venue, chose the decorations, colour and most importantly my dress.
Sadly, after 10 years we got the news you never want to hear, there was no other treatment options. The wedding plans stopped when I realised, I would be walking down the aisle alone. But I kept the promise he asked me to keep “you must continue.”
After some time the wedding plans restarted and I knew we had to celebrate my Dads life and make sure his memory was with us and our guests throughout the day.
I wanted each guest to have something special and meaningful to remember our day. Choosing the Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation pin badges was the perfect symbol and dedication to my Dad.
We used a “much loved” support page and asked guests to add a message, thought or donation. We will continue to support this amazing charity who have the biggest fight against cancer but the biggest heart also.”