2024 REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
The Great North Run is the largest half marathon in the world. With over 57,000 runners taking part and huge crowds of supporters, this is a race with an atmosphere you won’t forget and we are now recruiting again for our Roy’s Runners team in 2024.
Starting in Newcastle city centre, the route of the Great North Run takes runners over the famous Tyne Bridge, travel through Gateshead before finishing on the coast at South Shield’s to the sounds of thousands of cheering supporters.
Come join our Roy’s Runners for a guaranteed place at this iconic half marathon in 2024. We’d love to have you on our team!
SECURE YOUR PLACE
Join our team of Roy’s Runners and snap up on of our limited charity places. Simply fill in the registration form below to run on behalf of Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation.
If you have your own place but wish to run for RCLCF scroll down to find out how.
PERKS OF BEING A ROY’S RUNNER
- Your own personalised Roy’s Runners technical vest
- Refreshments at the end of your race
- Support and training advice to help you prepare for race day
- A welcome pack with all you need to know about fundraising
Our sporting events team will be there every step of the way for the Great North Run with fundraising tips, suggestions, and regular calls to help you reach your fundraising target and have the best running experience.
GOT YOUR OWN BALLOT PLACE?
We would love to have you join our Roy’s Runners team!
You will enjoy all of the same perks as our charity place runners. As you have secured your own place, you can choose your own fundraising goal.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, and let us know that you would like to support us with your ballot place.
WHY RUN THE GREAT NORTH RUN FOR ROY CASTLE LUNG CANCER FOUNDATION?
- We are the only lung cancer charity in the UK dedicated to helping everyone affected by lung cancer.
- Lung cancer is a disease that, despite what many may think, can affect anyone.
- It is the UK’s biggest cancer killer, with over 36,000 dying from lung cancer every year. It kills more people than breast, prostate and pancreatic cancer combined, and more women than breast and ovarian cancer combined.
- It is our mission to ensure everyone diagnosed with lung cancer can live well with the disease for as long as possible.