Explore Iceland’s stunning scenery; from colourful mountains and volcanic landscapes to hot springs. Surrounded by beautiful lake and mountain scenery, you may even be dazzled by the spectacular Northern Lights!
This challenge begins by trekking to the shores of Lake Þingvallavatn; Iceland’s largest natural lake. You will then hike to the Vörðuskeggi Mountain Pass and have chance to explore the impressive Geothermal Valley – full of hot springs, bubbling mud pools and colourful minerals.
The trek will be challenging; hiking across snow covered landscapes and conquering mountain passes. However, the chance of witnessing the dancing lights of the Aurora Borealis will keep you motivated! You’ll then celebrate your achievements in the bright lights of Reykjavik!
Take on a challenge in the land of fire and ice and enjoy a memorable long weekend adventure!
- Challenge Duration: 5 days
- Activity Duration: 3 days
- Challenge Distance: 30km (approx.)
- Challenge Grading: Tough
- Accommodation Type: Hotel and Dorms
Registration and fundraising options
Registration Fee £199 + Min Sponsorship £3,590
Registration Fee £199 + Self Funding £1,795
- 6th – 10th March 2024
Our fundraising team will be here to support you through your whole fundraising journey. For more information, please fill in our enquiry form below or email the team at email@example.com.
Why support Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation?
- We are the leading lung cancer charity in the UK dedicated to helping everyone affected by lung cancer.
- Lung cancer is a disease that, despite what many may think, can affect anyone.
- It is the UK’s biggest cancer killer, with over 36,000 dying from lung cancer every year. It kills more people than breast, prostate and pancreatic cancer combined, and more women than breast and ovarian cancer combined.
- It is our mission to ensure everyone diagnosed with lung cancer can live well with the disease for as long as possible.