Bucket collections are a great way to help support those affected by lung cancer, you’re helping to raise funds and most importantly, awareness. We are looking for volunteers to help us at bucket collections up and down the country this year.
Do you want to become a RCLF bucket volunteer? We’re currently able to offer buckets to volunteers in the following areas:
- Create a great impression by staying happy and enthusiastic, a smile goes a long way and even if they don’t donate – they may next time!
- Be respectful to the staff if your collection is in a venue such as a train station
- Do not open your collection bucket unless you are authorised to do so
- Do not shake your bucket or put any pressure on people to donate – it is illegal
- Do not cause an obstruction
- Do not smoke or consume alcohol while collecting on our behalf
How much your bucket collections mean to us:
- £2.50 supplies an Answering Your Questions pack to a newly diagnosed patient
- £25 allows us to provide 1-1 calls with 2 patients
- £50 pounds covers an hour of nursing contact with 2 – 3 patients through our Ask the Nurse helpline
- £100 provides a grant to help a patient with transport during their treatment
- £250 covers the cost of our Lung cancer connects facilitated group for up to 10 patients
- £2,500 covers an information day for 30 – 40 patients and carers